Facts and Information About Fluffy Pomeranians!
Precious Pomeranian puppies stand out no matter where they are and that’s because they’re so little and incredibly fluffy with their puffy coats!
There’s so much more than meets the eye with these pups. Read on to learn 10 fun facts about these feisty pups!
- A group of three or more Pomeranian puppies is called a “tuft,” while two Pomeranian puppies are called a “puff.” How cute and interesting are those names?
- Don’t let their cute faces and fluffy fur fool ya! Pomeranians are closely related to wolves, thus belonging to the spitz breed. Other breeds that fall into this category are the Alaskan Malamute and Akita, just to name a few. Poms are the smallest of the group.
- You already know they’re small, but did you know that Poms used to pull sleds and herd animals? This was long ago when they were much smaller and weighed an average of 30 pounds and were only all white. They were eventually bred down to become Pomeranian puppy companions!
- Their fluffy fur has double coats, thus keeping them warm. They require a lot of attention to keep it from getting matted. We recommend professional grooming for your and their comfort. And by the way, Pomeranian puppies enjoy being groomed!
- Pomeranians are intelligent and very alert and serve as one of the best watchdogs among all dog breeds. Because of their tiny size, they can’t be guard dogs, but they will certainly bark to alert you.
- Speaking of their bark, Pomeranians have a big bark and don’t easily stop barking once they’ve gotten started! You’ve been warned!
- Queen Victoria had an intense and loyal love for Pomeranian puppies. She was known to have owned 30 Pomeranians at one time!
- Though extremely fluffy and full, their shedding level is very low which is not the case with breeds that have the same type of coat.
- Most dog breeds come in one or two or maybe three colors, but that certainly doesn’t apply to the Pomeranian puppy. They have the biggest variety of colors overwhelmingly than most breeds. The American Kennel Club has identified 23 colors and combinations. They include black, black and tan, black and brindle, orange sable, blue, chocolate, chocolate and tan, cream, red, red sable, tri-colored, white, blue brindle, and chocolate sable.
- Pomeranians love to run and specifically in circles! They are pretty fast too, going as fast as 13 miles per hour!